Thursday, January 27, 2011

What to Eat/Do in Winter


What do you do when you wake up and the world looks like this?


And only a day before it was like this. A high in the mid 40's, hand grazing (even though my son looks like he's on a mission here... just ready to ride I guess,) and taking a little ride.
I wish I had the courage to ride in the snow.
Maybe someday.


Well the answer is, you make this. And eat it. I found this recipe here and then proceeded to take some liberties. I don't know about ya'll, but I have a hard time following recipes. Maybe that's why mine doesn't look like the photo. But let me tell you, it didn't hurt the runnin' any! That was good soup.
The recipe calls for all the traditional "Italian Soup" ingredients. I added some spinach. (She did too.) It also called for some parsley. I've yet to actually add parsley to any recipe that calls for parsley. Instead I added a pinch of basil from last summer's garden. And the jewel in the crown?


We do gluten free round these parts!
This is a new gf pasta that I had yet to try. It was really tasty and the texture was excellent.
My oh my, how gluten free pastas have improved since we first found out my son has Celiac disease, 11 years ago.
The soup was very yummy, served with some garlic toasts made from gluten free baguette. It made unexpected snow just a tad bit more bearable.

2 comments:

  1. I'm getting out my soup pan this minute - yes at 10:30 a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel!!! I FINALLY am able to read your blog - out of the stone age - I installed Mozilla this morning. Hooray!!!! I gave you an award over at my blog a few posts ago, but I couldn't leave a comment on yours that I had!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Frankly... I'm shocked by my result!

54

As a 1930s wife, I am
Average

Take the test!