Monday, February 22, 2010

For the past 3 months this has been my view. Beautiful isn't it? Unfortunately, I haven't always been able to look at it that way. I admit that at times, the whole "greyness" of it brings me down. I am longing for flowers and tomatoes and my favorite color green. So much so that I have given myself over to complaining about it. But how productive is complaining? Not very. You always enter into it thinking that the whole "camaraderie" of complaining will give you good feelings. We will be united in our woes. But it just doesn't. So, what's a girl to do? Stop complaining. I decided that, part of my Lenten discipline this year will include NO MORE complaining. After all, the Lord wants to hear my praises... not my protests. He has decided to give us mountains of glorious snow and we are fortunate to have it. So, even though I may be feeling "blah" in my heart my tongue will not reveal that. And who knows? Maybe my heart will quickly catch up.

4 comments:

  1. Rachel, I am certainly feeling the same way. I have vowed to not complain about the weather before, and failed miserably.. LOL. But, you give me renewed hope, and maybe just maybe I can succeed this time. I'll hold that thought, and the hope that I'll hear western chorus frogs in a few days. -Tammy p.s. If I didn't mention it before, I love your playlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like the statement: He wants to hear my praises, not protests. i'm caring that into tomorrow starting NOW.

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is gorgeous....cause you know we haven't had that much down here, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in a town where it rains much of the time, and even when it's not raining it's oftentimes dreary and foggy. It's hard not to let it get me down! But I just try to focus on the beauty of the ocean, the redwoods, the mountains...And you're right, praising God for his glorious creation really really helps!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Frankly... I'm shocked by my result!

54

As a 1930s wife, I am
Average

Take the test!