Friday, October 30, 2009

Every Girl Wants a Horse!

Okay, okay... I know ya'll haven't heard from me in a while and there's a good reason... honestly. Someone new has come into my life (1000lbs. of somebody) and she is taking up a lot of my time! Say hello to Rosie....
True confessions, I have NEVER owned a horse before. But like every other little girl in the world, I always dreamed of the day when I would have my very own to love. Come on ladies haven't we all fancied ourselves like this at least once in our lives...?
Or have you dreamed of taking "Misty" away to live in equine bliss, in your backyard, forever? Did you collect Breyer ponies or possibly My Little Ponies to the point of obsession? It's okay. You're not alone. But here I am, 30-something, and throwing myself headlong at a greenbroke 3yr. old mare! Crazy... possibly. But I'm smitten and committed. I know my knees don't have too many more "horse-riding" years left in them. So, what better time than now? And with the unwanted horse epidemic in this country, (brought about in large part by irresponsible breeding and a bad economy,) what a great time to welcome a horse into my life! So, I may not be Liz Taylor and Rosie may, or may not, be the next National Velvet, but we're happy kickin' it down the road... sharing an apple... and being best buds!

2 comments:

  1. So THIS is what you've been up to. You always were one for the adventurous route. I'm glad you've realized a dream of long standing. Enjoy your beauty and have fun!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering where you'd run off to!! Oh I love her!! I took riding for years and yes, always wanted a horse....enjoy her for me too...and post pics at least once a week so I can live vicariously through you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Frankly... I'm shocked by my result!

54

As a 1930s wife, I am
Average

Take the test!